Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Representing The Animal Kingdom.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,222 / Views: 87,334Next Topic
Page: of 149
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5215 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A second-to-last eagle coin from the classic US commemorative coin series - the 1915-S Pan-Pac Half Dollar features a bald eagle with outstretched wings on the reverse.

1915-S Panama-Pacific International Exposition Half Dollar

Have a look at additional info about the coin here: 1915 Panama-Pacific Half Dollar and here: Revisiting the 1915-S Pan-Pac.

More posts about US commemorative coins can be found here: Read More: Commems Collection

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1236 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1915-S Panama-Pacific International Exposition Half Dollar

Nice commem. Poor eagle never grew into his legs
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5215 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One last coin from the classic series of US commemorative coins that features an eagle - the 1934-1938 Texas Independence Centennial series.

The coins of the series were issued in conjunction with Texas celebrating the 100th anniversary of its declaration of independence from Mexico in 1836 - not the 100th anniversary of its statehood!

The coins prominently feature an eagle on their obverse, just in front of a large five-pointed star.

1934 Texas Independence Centennial Half Dollar

For more about this coin, see: 1935 Texas Centennial Half Dollar.

For other posts on US commemorative coins, including more about the Texas commemorative coin program, see: Read More: Commems Collection

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4490 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a really neat coin. I like everything about it.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5215 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A quick addendum to the "last coin" comment I made in the previous post - it referred to the last eagle coin I was planning on posting. There is another classic US commemorative coin that depicts an eagle - a very small eagle, but an eagle nonetheless. I'm referring to the 1935 Albany Charter 250th Anniversary coin which includes a small eagle on its reverse at the 12 o'clock position.

You can see it and learn more about the coin here: 1936 Albany Charter 250th Half Dollar

Edited by commems
01/20/2021 1:52 pm
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1934 Texas Independence Centennial Half Dollar
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5215 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I lied! I didn't mean to, but I did! The Texas half dollar is not the last eagle coin from the classic US commemorative series that I am going to post. I've got one more that I can't believe I forgot about! The 1935 Connecticut Tercentenary Half Dollar.

The coin was issued to mark the 300th anniversary of the founding of the colony of Connecticut. On its reverse is a left-facing eagle that appears to have a bit of "an attitude." It's a somewhat modernistic depiction, but not nearly as much so as the one seen on the Bridgeport commemorative half dollar.

To learn more about the Connecticut Tercentenary half dollar and some of its associated ephemera, look for "1935 Connecticut" on the list here: Read More: Commems Collection

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1236 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice - another "Retro" looking eagle.
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two for one. Bird on one side and rabbit on the other.
1983 Zimbabwe 5 Cent:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1994 Sri Lanka 5 rupees. Not sure of the animal. Fantasy hybrid?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
Pillar of the Community
United States
687 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another two for one. Cat and elephant. I need work on these highly reflective coins.
2000 Somali 5 Shilling

Pillar of the Community
Netherlands
604 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kingz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 Francs 1961 Mali

Page: of 149 Previous TopicReplies: 2,222 / Views: 87,334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05