Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What SBA's should I keep?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm looking at getting a half dollar box and need a few dollars to get to that point (Thanks GM). So I have a small stash of SBA dollars that would get me over the hill. So besides the near date/errors and nice circulated coins are there any I should keep? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1564 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Higher grade (>=MS 65) MS 1981-S SBA dollars are worth keeping.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nfine. Are the 1980 S worth keeping ? Or just the 81's.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23310 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1999-D 1981 P-D-S
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1564 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't keep 80-S unless they are very high grade >=MS 67.
Edited by nfine
02/13/2018 12:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Funny with all the SBA's I have,I still yet to find any 81's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9299 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Newbie....Why?....SBAs....?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1564 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get that you don't like SBAs, Crazyb0. You may want to look at MS66 and better SBAs before dismissing the entire series.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1386 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newbie234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hot girl at the drive through keeps all dollars/have dollars and 2 dollar bills for me. I do tip her Monetarily.But I like to look through all these coins for errors. Anyway they don't loose value So I hold onto them for things like this!
Learn More...
United States
59123 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I get that you don't like SBAs, Crazyb0. You may want to look at MS66 and better SBAs before dismissing the entire series.

Let me fix that hurt neck of yours, Crazyb0.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15668 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy and his honest opinion. Drives me nuts

SBA's of any stripe that are very high grade 68-70. Those are super rare for any date. If in doubt show us photos.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teamdennis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1981 S type 2 is a very tough one to find.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05