Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sacagawea Dollar Coins - Time To Go!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... Most wheat pennies are being held by collectors or are buried in parks playgrounds and other sites ...

Collectors, hoarders, preppers & 'investors' are holding "most" of nine billion 1950-1958 wheat pennies?

Add up all of the 1950-1958 wheat pennies you've ever seen in your whole life, and compare that number to nine billion.

Now add the other decades.

I remember the 1980s, when learned minds reported that there were millions of 'missing children' in America.

The then-wife asked how there could be millions of missing children if we'd never met anyone with a missing child or, for that matter, had never met anyone who had ever met anyone with a missing child.

Worn pennies get pulled from circulation by The Fed. Even not-so-worn pennies. After all, its not like they're not minting hundreds of millions more every year.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just used the same phrase in the other thread. ;)
Great minds think alike?

Fuzzy math for me is like saying two plus two equals five for very large values of two. Fudge the data to match your desired conclusion.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16016 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They do it for the Kennedy half dollars, so I see why not.

They DID it for the Kennedy half dollars, but only for one year. The current NIFC Kennedys are not high relief.

Quote:
Collectors, hoarders, preppers & 'investors' are holding "most" of nine billion 1950-1958 wheat pennies?

It's not that hard to believe. The mint currently makes around 9 billion coins per year, if each household in the country pulls one coin per week from circulation that will consume the entire 9 billion. They don't make all those billions of Lincoln's cents every year because the economy has expanded so much that it needs that many, they do it because most of the coins they make each year pulled out of circulation and stashed away. Or at least an equivalent number.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They DID it for the Kennedy half dollars, but only for one year. The current NIFC Kennedys are not high relief.
Typo.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2018  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many billions of dollar coins have been made and stored.

Release them and let 'em earn their keep and whittle down that there 5x cost to 5x life expectancy, and prove wrong that there US of A govern-mint reeeeeeeeeeeeeeport.

Praise the Lord and pass the dollar coin.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10419 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  12:19 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm waiting for GSA 2.0 in 50 years!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10419 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just without the silver. I'll hold my breath for something else.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm waiting for GSA 2.0 in 50 years!

Funny thing is that it just might work. A lot can happen in 50 years.
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2018  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Citizens to Retire the Penny is a non-partisan organization dedicated to educating the public on the advantages of retiring the penny from general circulation.

http://www.retirethepenny.org/

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Learn More...
United States
79443 Posts
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05