Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Official 'It Came Back' Thread

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
3147 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually you might be right. The purchaser has 7,161 transactions. Buyer: z***s ( 7161Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999)

Edit: nope, not them. Their account has over 41,000 transactions.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Edited by MikeF
07/11/2018 11:08 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11128 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Edit: nope, not them. Their account has over 41,000 transactions.

Do you honestly think they're still using that account to buy on eBay when their last buyer feedback is over a year old?

You have to look into things more before making firm conclusions.

For the record I don't care if they bought it they have every right too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1228 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's someone's latest disaster. 1853 Seated dollar sold on eBay for $1,995. 132611486971

Now up for auction on Heritage...

As I'm typing this, the HA listing still has a day and a half to go, with a current bid of $1100 ($1320 with buyer's premium) and it has " Heritage Live enabled". There's still time for the final price to go up, but you're right it's looking like a disaster for the seller. Even if the final price with buyer's fees reaches $2K, the seller is still going to see only a fraction of that.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11128 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Even if the final price with buyer's fees reaches $2K, the seller is still going to see only a fraction of that.

Even paying the full fees the seller gets a lot more than a fraction.

That said no substantial consignment should ever be paying selling fees and many get part of the buyers fee as well. You can't assume what the seller is getting (assuming it isn't the house selling it) as everything is negotiable on consignments. If you have a substantial consignment and some dealer says they won't negotiate at all walk away and let them try and stick it to someone else
Edited by basebal21
07/12/2018 12:50 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3147 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hammered at $1,560.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1228 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (early Bust era), Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05