Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help From Everybody. 2 Questions About This 1909 VDB LWC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
271 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BassPro to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

I bought this 1909 vdb and I think it's the cat's meow! It's certified by a nobody company ms 67RB. I think they are dead on and actually I think it could be a 68 or 67+ anyways. Question is can you send to NGC or PCGS and they grade it from the slab it's in and can you have it switched to their slab or will they shun it cause it's done by a inferior company. If they think it's less can you have them send back. Can you tell them to check it out and put in their slab if they agree with the grading? Am I making sense? I know people don't buy from inferior groups the same as the big two. Also, what do you guys think of the coin? Couple of light scratches in photo are on the lens.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What slab is it in? I hope not NNC.
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11618 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not much expertise on this ,but it's either fake or genuine drop dead gorgeous . I'm leaning towards genuine . Sure you can cross it over to PCGS or NGC .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16009 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crack it and put it into an airtite. Those basement slabs are junk. It's a beautiful coin!

Now, crop your pics and orientate them properly so we can see the coin better. Pictures outside of that slab would also make a big difference. White balance looks dead on - with a couple minor fixes you can be posting great photographs.

Too hard for me to grade based on those pictures. All I can say is at least MS-63....but my gut said 65RB on first sight. Improve those pics!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
763 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimNWLincoln to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin. Your pictures cropped & rotated

Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics make left obverse field impossible to see. Better pics would help.

MS-63RB
Edited by SilverDollar2017
03/22/2018 11:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10107 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would send it to NGC or PCGS for a crossover. Don't worry about whether their grade may be lower. The respectability of the grading will add value.

Crack it out first (carefully!), then submit to your preferred TPG per the appropriate guidelines.

It's a great looking coin, but I can't venture a grade with the pics provided, mainly for being too dark.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41451 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64BN - field tick above second 9, light hairlines in left obverse field?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1799 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64RB would be my guess. Lovely toning on this one.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05