Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pentagram And 3 Letters W Beast On Opposite Side Would Love To Know History

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,694Next Topic
Page: of 2

Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2018  11:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I came into possession of this through my late fathers estate, at first my elder brother said it could be masonic from my great grandfather being a mason.. but would dearly love to know what this coin / token is.. all help will be greatly appreciated
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Folks who sell their "mystic instructions" often sell these tokens that are supposed to magically help the owner in one way or another. There are hundreds of different examples.

I've never heard of anyone collecting these so their value is no more than a dollar or two.

Best kept as something passed down your family line.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Moxking...
Don't worry I have absolutely no intention of selling it, as soon as I saw it amongst my parents trinkets etc I knew I had to become it's keeper for my children..
Cheers
Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2895 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

GKL : Grand Korea Leisure ?
https://calvinayre.com/2018/03/08/b...dragon-coin/
But I rather think it is a button, as there is a 'construction' at the center of the second picture
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @Jbuck !!
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Petrus.. and not so sure on Grand Korea Leisure..
The 'construction' you mention isn't that, under there are a kind of knot like celtic, I don't want to remove any of its patina.
Appreciate your input though..
It all helps.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17844 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2018  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2018  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dorado !! Cheers
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2895 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2018  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cufflink ?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2483 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but that has to be a button. On the front side the area around the main design is engine turned and the edge is curved. The back has three initials within a circle of the type commonly found on a button and there is no nationality or denomination anywhere. Diameter isn't given, but in relation to that Aussie 20 cent it looks to be about 19 mm.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2018  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Petrus but no on cufflink either,but appreciate the help..
Thanks Alganbagerap, but cant see it being a button either as there is no mounting or contruction as Petrus and I have already discussed.. really appreciating everyones input so far..
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
2895 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petrus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If put the link of this 'thing' on Numista and got this reply:
https://en.numista.com/forum/topic6...html#p554525
(Thanks Numista members for all help)
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2018  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonichops to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Petrus !! Wow thank you, I do believe you may be obsessed ..
But seriously though thank you so much for all your tireless efforts on helping me and the Numista members help too...
I'll have to concede that it is probably a button and not a coin..
Thanks again
Valued Member
Spain
102 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. It must be a button with broken loop. About initials G.K.L and logo (five points star with inner circle) they correspond to Gebruder (brothers) Kugel from Lüdenscheid (at present Rhineland Westphalia, Germany) and may be dated 1871-1907

Check http://www.botonistica.es/catalogo1...icantes.html for GEBR. KUGEL and EINGTR. FABRIK ZEICHEN entries.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,694Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05