Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1976 S Eisenhower Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
54 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bakeshady to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
says proof and clad variety #1 on cardboard holder, not sure if this is accurate? Thanks guys!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely seems like a proof, likely clad, (all clad Ikes from SF are proofs) the edges will tell. As far as type or variety, only the reverse can show that.
Edited by BigSilver
04/01/2018 11:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bakeshady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, I'm a green horn is proof a general rating or are there different ratings within proof?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proof refers to a specially minted coin on special planchets. It is not a grade at all.
The edge looks clad, though it is hard to say for sure.
And Type 1 seems correct.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bakeshady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for bestowing your knowledge upon me! Any idea what grade or value this would be then, or are my pics not clear enough? Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2507 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grading pictures have to after removal from the 2x2. Careful not to scratch it with the staples!!
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd get it out of that rusty stapled piece of dung quick. It is either a type 1 (1975) or type 2 (1976) depending on when issued in mint set.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2018  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bakeshady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alright haha I will get it out, thanks for looking out... I will wait until I have latex gloves and a clean new 2x2 to put it into first I suppose?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10548 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2018  01:59 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I said in the Ike topic, get it out of that deteriorating holder. You do need something fresh to put it in, though.

It does appear to be Type 1. As to silver or not, I can't tell from the pics. How much does it weigh? The 40% silver (silver clad) should be a bit under 2g heavier than the CuNi clad version. It's a start.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44838 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics essential for grading.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2018  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Quote:
Proof refers to a specially minted coin on special planchets. It is not a grade at all.
Correct. Grades in proof run from 1 to 70 just as business strikes do.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05