Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Falcon Lake Ufo Silver Coin

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  01:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cassidy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just ordered several of the new RCM release ufo coins featuring a glow in the dark ufo zapping a canadian prospector in the back country of manitoba back in 1967. This coin is egg shaped with a sunny landscape full of trees and blue sky with a large flying disc hovering over a lake. The man is on his back having been hit by the exhaust of the spacecraft. With a blacklite this coin turns into a more sinister image of the guy being hit by a yellowish bolt of energy from the craft. Based on the true story of stefan michalek who suffered severe burns on his chest and abdomen from a ufo he surprised in the backcountry of manitoba. This was investigated by both Canadian and USA military and was not explainable..I love the design and am looking fwd to seeing the coin which is backordered and sold out awaiting stock at the mint. I ordered some from eBay through presale and I just ordered some from the post office which still has them but it is presale only as well. Looks like this is a truly unique coin for the RCM and I dont think there are any other coins like it outside of the star wars and Star Trek series which I'm not interested in for some reason..I hadnt heard of this ufo story before so I'm pretty stoked on this coin which is a Canada themed coin for sure.

*** Edited by Staff - Added Images ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3985 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you enjoy UFO coins, here are two recent issues that might interest you - they both tie into the 70th anniversary of the Roswell incident:

Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UFOcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who saw this SELLOUT coming?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cassidy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems.....great images! I really like the cameroon 2017..the ufo images on some medieval 1500-1600s french jeton coins is very startling tho most interpret them as ezekials wheel. So our 2018 Falcon Lake coin isn't the first UFO themed coin for sure. But it is the best for sure..... and that is reflected in the presales and the current eBay prices received for this coin. I see one eBay dreamer has it for sale at 2750.00 which pretty much confirms what I thought this coin would do to inspire the ufo buffs......Its superman 2013 gold all over again. I predict this coin will be selling in 300.00 range soon. There are so many die hard ufo enthusiasts in north america..the usa demand will drive the prices up. I'm sure the RCM will produce another ufo coin next year as well but for now we are all waiting for our UFO coins to arrive in the mail sometime in the next month or so.... meanwhile breakout the popcorn and enjoy the show....
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UFOcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next Month? The mint website says "Starts shipping on Jun-04-2018" Gonna be some angry eBay buyers!
Valued Member
Canada
65 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jarms049 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Mario95coin on eBay has the actual coin. At least his pictures seem to suggest he has the coin.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2018-UFO-Ca...100005.m1851
Valued Member
Canada
65 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jarms049 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if this is going to be a 2016 Pysanka coin all over again...
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UFOcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
or a Star Trek gold delta all over again, waiting for 5 months. How does Mario get coins 3 months before the public does?
Valued Member
Canada
70 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add UFOcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
why doesn't eBay stop all UFO listings when they have a 30 day presale policy, like they did for the Star Trek gold delta 5 months shipping?
Valued Member
Canada
375 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why an egg shaped coin? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the shape of a flying saucer. Would be cool.IMO
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6507 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, even on other forum this coin got a lot of posts

So...looks like better to load it, till it will be priced 3-5 times issue price
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

'Nuff said...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1196 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jimper said:
Quote:
Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the shape of a flying saucer. Would be cool.IMO

I guess it's due to nobody having an accurate photo to go from. Cigar shaped....Saucer shaped... 'lights in the sky'... too many options.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3690 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the official name, "Canada's Unexplained Phenomena: The Falcon Lake Incident" using the plural of phenomenon, there is little doubt in my mind this will be a series of some kind but not likely limited to UFOs.

Of course it's also another re-purpose of the oval shape (eggs) as was the balloon coin which did not sell particularly well last year. Will be interesting to see if it works this time.

As well, the media picked up on this one for some reason having been featured by at least CTV new broadcasts in the past day or so. I would not be surprised if this one was commissioned and we see a ton of them flood the market (The Shopping Channel) today.

It's worth noting the direction the Mint seems to be taking. In 2011, this type of subject was marketed to kids on cupronickel $25 oversized quarters. Now it's on a 1 oz ag $20 FV coin selling for $130. I guess that progress.
Edited by CC-Ottawa
04/05/2018 2:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cassidy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my eBay seller just refunded me for 3 presale coins! I dont blame him..he sold them at RCM price 129. I guess once he realized he just sold his 6 unit order and probably lost a packet it was time to refund and wait for the coins to arrive in a few months. Luckily I got 2 from the post office and now they are sold out. Generally I dont pay much attention to nclt anymore so I missed the RCM release by a day..now its sold out at gatewest,talisman ,the post office and ive been lucky to get 2 at release price from the P.O.....I will search a bit more but now its eBay and paying up to 200.00 to the last eBay seller from Italy! ha ha
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
541 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cassidy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh and bye the way...@crazybo...why troll this discussion with your attitude? Have you heard the one about the flying spaceship? Never mind ....its over your head.

the truth is out there...
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05