Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Percy Douglas £1 coin.  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  2:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnjrambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another lucky find in my change, I've only just come around to researching it, apparently its low mintage, but not quite sure of circulation mintage's as apposed to proofs etc.as they're not on The Royal Mint website.Its had some hammer but in reasonable nick, anyone help.
Valued Member
Australia
165 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the only reference I could find was a mintage of about 20000 note low mintage doesn't mean its collectable. This is because this is a Jersey coinage, island coinage tends to have low mintage due to low population.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
429 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anaximander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"COINAGE IN JERSEY 2000 Years"

D C Corbel + others

Published 2010 by Societe Jersiaise

lists this coin as minted in 1991, mintage 20,000. It is one of a series depicting old Jersey sailing ships.

The mention is brief, and that is all the info I have.
United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjrambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both of you, thats pretty much all the info I could find as well.
United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjrambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by johnjrambo
04/15/2018 9:31 pm
United Kingdom
13 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2018  02:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCrazy91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bailiwick of Jersey, hmmm, I think I have a coin somewhere with that on it. I'll need to look it out, It's lying around somewhere in a collector folder. But that certainly rings a bell. Nice find, thanks for showing us it :)

Cheers
United Kingdom
11 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjrambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
cheers
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05