Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956 D LWC RPM ? Maybe 006?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  02:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was thinking this was RPM-006 On Variety Vista, Let me know if you think so too... Looks very much like an RPM to me. And there are no die markers that I can see. Thanks for the help :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2290 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that it is a RPM, but it does not look like #6 to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a D/D/D to me does not.look like 6 to me either
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Yeah I am gonna keep this one, hopefully I can get it identified lol. I'll keep lookin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39068 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2018  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you checked 002? I'm dealing with a tablet, so I can't see them side by side.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure that it is 6. Cause look, Finally figured out how you guys do those line things on paint.. lol What do you think Coop?
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by Crazyb0
04/25/2018 12:59 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HA Sweeeeeet! Thanks a lot CrazybO I think I am finally nailing the RPM's. I think this has got to be the third time I have looked through my wheat cents, and its the 2nd RPM in my "keep no matter what" pile that I have collected over the years.
Heres my first RPM I found, thanks to the Die chip on the back, I decided to look on VarietyVista, found it a couple days ago. http://goccf.com/t/316863
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Copper gold, I put the second crosshatch up as an example. Notice how very close the two are. When searching circulated coins, they are much more difficult to attribute at times. Markers are different, die pairs change, damage and hits will alter shape and distinctions. BU/MS are sooo much easier, but more costly. I started using the cross hatch side by side and was amazed at how close these mint techs placed some of these mm's to the same location, even the type of tilt, or rotation. See the difference her between 006 and 018? Very subtle, even shape, but enough close with your coin and the referenced one to now find markers if possible. It just works easier that way for me, location first, then markers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot CrazybO! I found another one! 1951 D LWC RPM - 020. Easy die marker on the Reverse!! :) just posted it!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39068 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While locations look close, I was looking at the upper serif. The other dies upper serifs looks different.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree coop it does look different. I honestly think the mintmark is a little worn. That's why it looks different
Pillar of the Community
United States
1899 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still thinking D/D/D
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know what... I'm going to talk to John Wexler and see what he thinks! Ill let you guys know what he says. Thank you all for the help! I wouldn't be here without you all :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39068 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2018  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, blame us. .... LoL
Richard S. Cooper

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05