Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Just Bought A Lot On Ebay

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,577Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
18234 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Basil II is in amazing shape--great remaining detail.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
6365 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto!
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That Basil II is in amazing shape--great remaining detail.

Thanks. I am not a Byzantine collector but I have been told that it is a common coin and rather rare in this condition. The Anastasius is larger and heavier than the one in my collection but a slightly lessor grade. It is my understanding that the larger ones were minted earlier. Is there a way to date them by size and weight? I bid on the lot because of the Florian and the Hannabalianus which are still soaking. Later-
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK Guys-

Here are the two coins that were the reason I bid on this lot- #1 the Hannaballianus and #2 the Florian. Everything else was extra. Looks like the extra is a lot better than I expected. The other Romans are cleaning up real nice and you have seen a couple of the Byzantines from the lot.

First I cleaned them with soap and brushed them with a tooth brush. I soaked them until now and brushed them again. I applied Dellers for preservation. The Florian has a nice obverse but the reverse could use some attention. The Hannaballianus has a nice obverse but the reverse (and obverse) looks like it was possibly scraped by whoever found it. Later-

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6029 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't go wrong for $3 per coin! Are you planning to keep all?
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2018  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Guys-

Here are some of the Romans from this lot. I have already looked them all up but you can if you want to. I will be sending one of them to Dane at Wildwinds because it is not yet listed there. Some of my coins are on Wildwinds. Can you find the one I am sending? Later-

Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey an update Guys-

Dane at Wildwinds has now posted one of the coins from this lot. I think this is about number 7 for me now for coins on Wildwinds. Woot! RIC says it is a R4. Whatever- LOL.

Here is the pic that was posted on Wildwinds. It is hard to scan coins for Dane in a white background. The coin in hand is an uncleaned gray green.
Later-

Pillar of the Community
United States
5526 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2018  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats on the additional listing at Wildwinds. Always nice when a coin from your collection is used as a reference at a study site or in a book.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,577Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05