Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1809 - Half Cent, Some Feedback Please...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
84 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  09:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 2 beautiful Half Cents.
One is the 1809 & the other is an 1851.
I am not parting with the 1851 but I may possibly use the 1851 as part of a trade to acquire a rare date Morgan CC.
I understand that the 1809 was the first year in the series & there was a high mintage.
But with this being said this coin is beautiful.
My question is, would it be better to keep the 1809 & purchase the Morgan when I can or just use the 1809 as part of the trade seeing as though they are easy to obtain.
I dont know alot about the Half Cent coins & I dont want to let go of something special if I'm missing something?
I've graded my 1809 as an XF-50
I'm no pro but going by PCGS picture grade it's the conclusion I've come to.
the rim is worn some but the center of the coins gorgeous in my opinion & has great color for a coin for 209 years old..

These are the photos of the 2 coins in question.
****PLEASE DISREGARD THE FIRST Half Cent PHOTOSTHEY ARE THE REVERSE OF MY 1851.
THE LAST REVERSE PHOTO IS OF THE 1809..
IM SORRY THE PHOTO OPTIMIZER IS A PIA!!

Edited by SuperPoacher74
05/20/2018 09:56 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
679 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add drdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1809 has a couple of varieties - check for them first. "Circle in 0" (large 0 over a small 0), and "9 over 6" (a 9 over an inverted 9).
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16118 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why part company with either of them? If they are as nice as I think they are, you shouldn't let either of them go. You may regret it later on.

Just concentrate on getting a nice CC Morgan for yourself. Some inner patience may be required. Use that pent up numismatic energy to take enough time to get the right one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4315 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some info left out.
-- What grade CC Morgan?
-- What 1809 variety?

Pictures of your coins would help.
And I suspect any trade would be for a raw CC Morgan since your coins are raw.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SuperPoacher74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to post pictures, but posting photos on here is very annoying.#129324;
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save for the Morgan. Don't trade the Half Cents.

Especially if you are considering a plentiful CC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first thing you need to do is determin the variety of the 1809 before considering making a trade.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like your 1809 is the "common date" but still a very nice coin - It's all about your preference. I'd keep the 1/2 cent and like Mox stated - save for the CC Morgan
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16016 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1809 C-6 an R-1 variety. Nice coin though.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05