Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Canadian Banknote Errors

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  7:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought it would be interesting to have a place where Canadian Banknote collectors can post pictures of error notes that they find or purchase.
I know there are a lot of different errors out there so no matter how small or big the error is... please share :)
FRIEDSQUID
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will be an interesting post to follow. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
711 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off I apologize for the poor pictures my camera is in for repairs.
Here's a consecutive pair of notes with offset printing and by looking at eBay these are certainly not plentiful and carry a nice premium.

What percentage of offset would these two be considered?

I also have another consecutive pair serial #BCZ7860616 & 617 they're in better condition but very similar just a little darker in the offset. I'll wait for my camera to come back and post some better pictures for them.

Cheers, Bill

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4335 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although there is a small percentage of offsets, it's not too desirable, generally only 100% offsets carry insane prices
Edited by john100
05/21/2018 2:47 pm
Valued Member
Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2018  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Although there is a small percentage of offsets, it's not too desirable, generally only 100% offsets carry insane prices

I have to agree
Personally I do not see any real value in the note
Unless there is something I am not seeing
In the photo
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2018  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of a few error notes I have...

Valued Member
Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2018  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice error in the 54 series
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice eye candy! Most of mine are locked up in the SDB but I have a few lying around.

My favorite I own is a $20 note with the serial # mirrored on the front. It is featured as the type example in the Charlton catalog.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
537 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fenian great error notes
If those are the ones you have laying
Around I'd love to see that SDB

Edited by friedsquid
06/03/2018 8:14 pm
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eastcoastcollector2013 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm mostly a coin collector, but recently am getting into bills as well. is there any value in misaligned serial numbers from one side to the other?
Valued Member
Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion the answer would be no
However if a digit or more would be higher/lower than the rest
And partially missing that would have value
I see a lot of notes on EBay with a digit a bit higher
But I personally don't see the value in it
But some may find that unique
But I have literally had bricks where hundreds of notes
Are slightly misaligned so in this
Situation I never see any extra added value
Canada
47 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eastcoastcollector2013 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response friedsquid. this bill just got an accidental tear in the higher serial side and will be spent tonight. best regards :)
Valued Member
Canada
106 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2019  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add friedsquid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Use it wisely
Pizza and beer is always an option & 😀
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grandpapa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here's my best.
Valued Member
Canada
129 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sergiomomesso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
haha right in the forehead! Nice one !
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05