Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1950 Choice BU Cent With Minor Rim Clip Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 988Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
9449 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  12:30 am Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going through some BU rolls of 1950 1-cent coins I had bought several years ago in auctions. Some really nice coins... and then there was this one. It is probably the smallest rim clip in my collection, but Choice BU red George VI clips are uncommon, so I decided to keep it. I would grade this one at MS-64+.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11244 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  12:52 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is the smallest legitimate clip I have seen. Nice!
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

"If we continue to accumulate only power and not wisdom, we will surely destroy ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2265 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect you get less Blakesley effect with less material clipped.
Thanks for sharing.
RCNA Member
APNA Member
CNCC Member
Valued Member
Canada
475 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2018  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin with a nice little clip. However, as we are talking "size matters", hate to admit it but mine is smaller than yours.

Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice finds to both! Congratulations!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 988Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05