Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

buying Canadian coins from eBay with stock photos being used  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1357 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  4:04 pm Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hey everyone just wanted to say how can someone sell coins on eBay showing only one side of the coin? later to find out the pic shown wasnt even the coin being sold,
i noticed a nice (XF or better) vicky cent that could possably be a scarce vriety but the seller only posted the reverse and I need see the obverse to be sure, so I asked the seller if they could show me the other side, this was the respone
Quote:

Hello,
we are sorry. Our pictures are representative as we take our items from stock at random. That is the reason why we can´t take any single pictures, also not from reverse.

im tempted to buy the coin and take my chances but would it be wrong to send it back because it doesn't match the description?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Edited by gidjit
06/17/2018 4:06 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15517 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Be certain they have no hassle returns. You'll still have to pay return postage, most likely.

I'd waste no more time on it, myself.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1357 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if item not as described I dont think I have to pay return postage
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (under construction)
Edited by gidjit
06/17/2018 4:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is against eBay policy to use stock photos on coins, it is also forbidden to post only one side of the coin, whoever, I have seen it rarely enforced unless the item is reported. I believe nss-52 can have the auction closed for such behavior. and if the item is not as described the seller has to pay for return shipping..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10454 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if item not as described I dont think I have to pay return postage

They already told you ahead of time that it isn't going to be the coin pictured since they're using a stock photo
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15517 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Link the seller. We could offer more concrete opinions.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1357 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2018  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what if someone buys this coin expecting an XF coin but turns out to be a VG? thats where the seller needs to post pics of real coin
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1210 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I'm concerned anyone that does this kind of business is a scammer and a cheat you should receive the coin pictured
Valued Member
Canada
50 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is pure laziness on the seller's part. Personally, I would move on as I would not want the potential hassle to return the item (which most likely you will).
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
243 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2018  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial Acres has, on their website an option to order particular coins in "VF or better", "XF or better" etc. As long as it's clearly labeled I have no problems with an eBay seller doing BIN with multiple quantity the same way.

Sucks for variety hunting but for collectors looking for a regular date it works.... if clearly labeled and graded accurately.
Edited by KHatt
06/18/2018 11:57 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05