Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Breaking News -- Bhnc Rep To Visit South Dakota And Review.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,120Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2008  7:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bonedigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
WOWZA... JUST got off the phone with Steve Herrman of the Bust Half Nut Club (BHNC) and believe this or not, he's making a SPECIAL TRIP to check and verify my Blue Collar Bust Half Dollar Collection the famous (LOL, ) BCBHDC on July 5th.

I simply cannot believe it, I'd given up hope of ever getting this darn collection/accumulation of bust half dollars added to the BHNC Rolls, but now is my chance... Hot darn!!

HOORAY!!

Take Care
Ben
Learn More...
United States
108367 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2008  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

How they could not allow the BCBHDC into the BHNC rolls is beyond me. Let us know how the visit goes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2008  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amazon99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrads! Keep us updated.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1263 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2008  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's way cool, Ben!
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2008  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amac44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great news!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2008  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations

They evidently think that your collection is worthy enough for inclusion that they are coming to you
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2008  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonedigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for the positive vibes... You can be sure I will post any updates.

Take Care
Ben
Pillar of the Community
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2008  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonedigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the vote is next. Steve and I got together (he actually found our LONG driveway, after a detour and searching for an hour) about 3:00 PM (MST) once all the hand shaking and unpacking were completed he got right to work. He checked every Bust Half-Dollar in the old BCBHDC and showed me some beautiful coins he'd brought as well and determined I met all of the basic requirements; 128 varieties and 140 halves. Everything is in order except for the general membership to have their say now. We talked coins until 1:00 AM when a large thunderstorm started to threaten the lights and power, cutting our visit short. A good 10 hours of chatting, even over dinner, LOL...

A very soft-spoken, friendly, and knowledgeable fellow. I can honestly say I've never met anyone as immersed in Bust Half Dollars as Steve is. Every little question I had or had heard about he could expound upon. A true wealth of information and gentleman representative of the club.

Take Care
Ben
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Here is a very nice coin I purchased from him. It's one of his duplicates and he let me have it for $80.00. His grade was a very conservative VF-35, but I'd easily say EF/XF.

The Overton Variety is O-116 and is a pretty HTF coin with a R-3 rarity rating. please chime in with any comments.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2008  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amazon99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, congrads!
Learn More...
United States
108367 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2008  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Good to hear it was a productive visit. I imagine the general membership would vote in the affirmative.
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2008  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's about time your hard work was rewarded - if anyone deserves to be a BHNC member, you're the man. And, by the way, I'd pay $80 just for one face of that beauty. He hooked you up.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,120Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: