Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Half roll of pennies wrapper?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Monkey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Iíve seen people that have half rolls of pennies (25c) and I have never seen these anywhere. Does anyone know where you can get them? I think it would be nice to get some for my Indian head pennies.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28195 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean paper or plastic?

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/28/2018 6:40 pm
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Monkey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paper
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not seen them. But you could take regular rolls and cut them down.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28195 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23709 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had some many years ago that I got from my bank. I have not seen any in decades.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1159 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just take a scissor and cut them a little long to fold over.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8706 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe some banks long ago had 25 Cent rolls along with the 50 Cent rolls .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25 cent penny rolls were common 100 years ago. The paper roll had 25 Cents printed on them. My grandfather's collection had a few. I almost thought about saving a few papers from the 1960's nickel rolls that I just spent the last 5 months opening. Based on the patent number stamped on the paper as well as the fact that the paper was falling apart at my fingertips, the roll paper was from the 1930s where somebody used up their old inventory to roll their 1960's BU nickels. I hope you find the 25 cent rolls and they are old paper as I recall they looked wicked cool, especially if you are to store old pennies in them.
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow, a search of CC and there is a similar topic in 2016. The first eBay link in that discussion still goes to an eBay listing that shows wax dipped 25 cent rolls. That is such a cool look. I've never seen a wax dipped roll.

http://goccf.com/t/250692&SearchTer...5,cent,rolls
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16918 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Never heard of them until now.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
872 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was a kid in the 1960's they were pretty commonly available at the banks in my area. By the time I was working in retail in high school in the 70's they had pretty much disappeared. One place I worked at would break rolls down and bag 25 pennies for use in the register to reduce the counting time since the half-rolls were no longer available.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4564 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05