Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Liberty Half Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
18 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  6:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rennurruoF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I've been absent from the forum and coin searching for a little while but decided it's time to come back. I found this nifty half CRHing about a year ago, it's so worn I can' only see part of the date, even using a lupe. Is there something I can do to read the date? The one number that is somewhat visible looks like a 1, but depending on light can also resemble a 0. Sorry for the size, I thought I got it smaller than that.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30305 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1917?

back to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see anything at any enlarged size. It's melt value.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any kind of acid etching like for nickels wouldn't work on the softer silver/copper alloy...would just esat the little there away. On some slick SLQ's, you may see a smidgen of a date by taking soot off your car tailpipe...?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9387 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1917?

Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6133 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back to the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17196 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Might as well just write in your own date.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Check HoboNickelCarver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat Find!
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rennurruoF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. I guess it'll just remain a mystery.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05