Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are these good buys or deals?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  11:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good Evening,

Looking for some advice! Do either of these links appear to be good buys. I mean they seem like very nice looking coins. Let me know your thoughts!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323326908068

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323326910487
Pillar of the Community
United States
8764 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  12:35 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 16 Ikes are just the clad P & D mints I assume, and are NOT a complete set... Takes 34 with the proof coins(S mints) n clad, MS & PF for the various years. 30 bucks for, $16 face value circulated coins, waddaya think? Your second link didn't work for me

There, second worked. If you actually can get $53 face value coins including 2 90% silvers for $50, yes that's a deal. Now ask yourself, what's wrong here? That's pretty stupid, don't ya think? Again, circulated coins, oh, and BTW, the series went NIFC(not issued for circulation) in 2004, those issues are like gold. Count how many coins there are, can't be all as stated

Run, Forrest, RUN!

Edited by Crazyb0
07/02/2018 12:50 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7339 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  01:22 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are both interesting, but that's only because of the potential. They don't list specific dates/mms included and with the Kennedys, don't even say how many coins are included. I sent them a message asking that. In the end, it depends entirely on the condition of the coins, which cannot be determined accurately from the pics.
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10432 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. Now ask yourself, what's wrong here? That's pretty stupid, don't ya think? Again, circulated coins, oh, and BTW, the series went NIFC(not issued for circulation) in 2004, those issues are like gold. Count how many coins there are, can't be all as stated

Run, Forrest, RUN!

Why? Itís an auction with almost 7 days left, the starting price of an auction is in no way indication of something being wrong.
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I asked the lady some questions, to figure out what is going on if I could that is. There is 98 coins to the Kennedy set its complete P& D from 1964 to 2016, if indeed there was both for the every year. Because remember 1965-1970 saw only one mint per year. She said she started it so low in hopes to catch someones eye because she had previously started it at 100 and had no offers.

As for the Eisenhower it is indeed just P&D's.

The Kennedy's were 95% cut out of Mint sets by her late husbands so they are pretty much all BU.

The Eisenhowers were not cut from Mint sets but are still in pretty good condition.

Thoughts now knowing what we know?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8223 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First of all I never buy coins from anyone that don't show both obverse and reverse of the coin . No returns , Most of his coins are probably no better than MS-63/64 .
Yes , I would stand clear .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the end dates on the auctions are 7 days out, you should just put them on your watch list and revisit the items in about 6 days. The prices will more than likely be completely different, then you can decide if you should go for them or pass.
I never met a man I didnít like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didnít like - DeputyMax
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally got the impression the set is nice. She seems like a flustered widow, trying to sell some stuff around the house. And she doesn't know much. I did ask about the reverse and she said that 95% came from Mint sets so they are nice looking as the fronts. I see that it has some watchers so it must be peaking some interest.
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the Kennedy set does have all 98 P-D coins from 1964-2016 (which you said you verified with seller), then you're getting 2 90% Ag coins (current Ag value ~ $11.50), 6 40% Ag coins (current Ag value ~ $14), and $45 of clad coins. That adds up to over $70 of non-collector value with free shipping. So, at $50 the Kennedys are a good bargain. I expect the final price will be higher.

The coins are in air-tite capsules. IMHO that probably means that someone considered them to be very collectable raw coins. That would be consistent with your correspondence with the seller indicating that most (or all?) came from mint sets. You usually don't get the highest grade coins from non-cherry picked mint sets, but you do get very collectable coins.

If you're interested in starting a raw Kennedy half dollar collection, then this looks like an okay way to go to me

BTW, if you bid on and win these coins and don't want to keep them in air-tites, then you can sell those used air-tites on eBay to reduce your cost for the coins.

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Kennedy halves just sold for $90.00. Who do you think won or lost on the deal or is it a draw?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Kennedy halves just sold for $90.00.

The link I'm looking at shows 1 bid & it sold for $50.00
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you click on the word 1 bid. It says it was won by a best offer of $90.00
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26596 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where's my wig, I'll show you flustered widow.
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Check BadDog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was a weird auction. I don't think I'd ever seen an auction that included a best offer option. Didn't even know you could do that

I guess the seller snapped up the $90 offer because she had listed previously at $100 min bid and didn't get any bids.

Edited by BadDog
07/02/2018 7:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1536 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you click on the word 1 bid. It says it was won by a best offer of $90.00

Yeah I clicked on the 1 bid and it just say's best offer $50.00 It's not sharing that $90.00 info with me. Not sure why but Thanks for correcting me
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll agree very weird all around. Can't wait to see how or if the Eisenhower ends.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05