Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1881 Indian Head Penny Grading  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  7:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi-Ho! Krazy Kermit here!

Looking for some help grading this Indian Head penny. To me it may not even be good by what I've read Liberty has to be at least somewhat visible to be considered good and I do not see Liberty at all. Let me know your thoughts including if the pictures are not good enough its my first attempt at pictures.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15494 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-VG, details, damaged.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6088 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah - Damage Obverse, nick into rim & field reverse (2ish O'clock). Definitely a details coin that could go VF - Maybe 3$ - 4$?
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5211 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vg details
Pillar of the Community
United States
4196 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 Details, damaged
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8223 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-06 to VG-8 Details . Damaged .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking, it would grade low. I pulled it from a roll of what was supposed to be wheat pennies I got for my birthday. Thanks for all the help!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26599 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG details.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12753 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 details, damaged
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26599 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse crater reduces the value of this to perhaps fifty cents tops. No dealer would even give you that.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the opinions everyone! Personally I actually pulled it from an "unsearched" roll one of my relatives got me for my birthday and just figured I would see, I could tell right away it wasn't a great coin by any means.

Thanks Again!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05