Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Album Comparison  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  08:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking for some help from my Canadian coin collecting friends.

I am done between two choices:

or

Hoping people can give me any reviews period between the two. Any help no matter how small is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kermit
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
241 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both are good and have the same basic inside format, except the cardboard folder is a little more flimsy. Comes down to you preferences and how much emphasis you want to but on display attractiveness versus utilitarianism.

Just a note that these don't have minor varieties.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
241 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For my collection, I use a binder and 2X2 sheets.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks KHatt!

Please forgive me as I am new to coin collecting but especially Canadian Coins. What does minor varieties mean?

Thanks,

Kermit
Pillar of the Community
Canada
627 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He means for example compostion of metal changed from non magnetic to magnetic is not noted you have to add it your self if you want
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks MrCanada!

I already do have some that are both non magnetic and magnetic so I may have to consider not using these, if it matters to me.
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone know if the KASKADE CANADA COIN ALBUM picture below holds 2x2 flips?

As well as does anyone know if the VISTA BOOK CANADA 1-CENT (1920-2012) VOLUME 2 pictured below gives spot for the minor varieties?

Thanks,

Kermit
Pillar of the Community
Canada
750 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Kascade has pouches for coins but not flips and does not record dates and has no place for dates to be written. More for an album for children or storing duplicates.

The Vista is quite nice. I have it in the Dollar series 1968- date. I have not seen the one cent book so do not know what varieties it has spots for if any.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
241 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For minor varieties, I was referring to things like the "hanging numbers" in the early elisabeth II coins and double dates. Here is a good list of the more recognized varieties: http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...nt-1953-1964
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the help everyone! I decided to go with the 14 album set of Vista albums I previously pictured once I receive them I will let all know just as an FYI!
Valued Member
Canada
137 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My daughter has a set of the blue Vista binders. There are spaces for varieties but there are some odd choices.
Not all of the minor varieties are represented... There are a few slots for the various 1859 cent coins but only one slot for 1858. More frustratingly, there is a slot for the "never" variety of 1936 dot. I say never because it is extremely rare... Last trends I saw was this coin went for almost a quarter million US on Heritage. If you were lucky enough to have one of these varieties in your possession, I would hazard a guess that a standard Vista binder would be the last place it would live, even in a low grade.

On the good side, this is a loose leaf binder and you can add sheets to it, or even purchase additional binders. Lighthouse sell undated pages with slots for either large or small cents. While the undated sheets will be unlabeled, you can use them for any date/variety you choose and add your own labels. The Kaskade albums are presized with the pages bound into the binder without the ability to add or remove pages.

It is slightly more elegant than the 2x2 flips but maybe that is only me as my writing is atrocious and legible only on a good day, even to me.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05