Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D cent SD over LD question  

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30630 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be like asking yourself what I wanted to catch fishing? Small fish or large fish? The 1960D-1MM-100 and the 1960D-1DO-001 is on a Denver large date:

I bought a roll of circulated 1960-D small dates and found a circulated example there:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you are saying it's luck of the draw coop?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, well HOW LONG AGO was this roll purchased? I've purchased a dozen or more and only get some minor RPM's if anything...all are pretty well picked over.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've went through 2 rolls so far I've found all but 2 small date rpms and a few very minor unlisted in them and only 20 with no rpm at all and so on a roll so far I doubt I'll find the SD/LD in these rolls but there is hope
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darned good average of finds !
In contrast I have a mint sewn bag of 1960-d cents I opened years ago and other than my avatar , only found a minor rpm. Still have a few thousand to sift through some snowy day
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8360 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Coop! You got very lucky with that one! I can't believe you found it a circulated roll! I guess the person pick through it very good then.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I plan on buying 1960 D rolls till I complete the rpm list on vv and I know this one will be the hardest to find just seeing what rolls would be best to find it in thanks everyone I guess both rolls are equal with that one thanks again
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30630 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some are very hard to find. You have to consider that each run is bagged as they fill them. So the coins are not sent with a mixture of all runs. So buying rolls from the same source will have the same coins. So you might find something, that some one else didn't find. 1960-D RPM-011, only two people I know have one. I bought 004 off eBay. Another hard one to find. 001-040 I'm missing one. 011. So selling here might be the best option to sell off duplicates.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That wouldn't be a bad idea coop but I don't buy from the same source ever. So I am pretty good in that department I think that's a good idea selling duplicates here and I really would like to find all mine in rolls so if it takes forever then it takes for ever that is my goal. As of right now. May change
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop do me a favor and post a good picture of that rpm-011 the one on VV is hard to see. I still have a bunch of large date unattributed but so it might be one I have not attributed yet but it's hard to see the rpm in the pictures they have on there to me. I know you have a great picture of it. Because that looks like one I found about 5 or 6 of. But I need to check markers if it it ain't stage A I found Thanks
Edited by Mrzllewellyn
07/10/2018 10:23 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30630 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The image in the RPM book is also terrible. But I need to go back over my RPMs, (if I can find them) and see if I do have one. I've never had a great image like this one before.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I have that 1 and multiples of it let me find it and I'll make a post. If I can get a good picture of it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of these is up for auction on eBay right now. Nice condition but not super showy. They usually only go for a couple bucks at auction so might be a good chance to pick one up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-D-DDO...AOSwKJhbRsXA
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add da Swampster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Darned good average of finds !
In contrast I have a mint sewn bag of 1960-d cents I opened years ago and other than my avatar , only found a minor rpm. Still have a few thousand to sift through some snowy day
You and I are in similar camps on this, but I'd much rather be in yours.. I still have about 40 rolls of unc 1960-D SD I bought from a dealer who swore to me they'd never been searched.. Haven't found bumpkiss as far as RPMs and/or DDs go but have die cracks, chips & breaks out the wazoo.. Who woulda guessed for that year, har..

Swamp
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had mixed luck with mint sewn bags. 1964 is a banner year for doubled dies but my bag so far has produced nada. In contrast though , my two bags of 1959's have produced about eight rolls of 1959-ddo-002 /FS-104.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05