Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 LMC I am really need big helps on this one. Please Helps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am not sure how this look but it is bother me a lot. Does it DDO or OMM? or nothing there. Look insied the "5" what is it? Please go through all the pics

The Eye ? DD

Pillar of the Community
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like dirt or a stain inside the "5". Not sure if 65'S had any doubled eyelids ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1319 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bate, that is actually a part of the design. I had one just like it a few weeks back that ALMOST mimicked a true DDO. The eye is not doubled. Normal cent my friend.
Edited by Jim0815
07/11/2018 6:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it my friends Thanks a lot..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12837 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bate, that's dirt or a stain. Not an error.
Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
-i did not talk about the dirt lol..the shinny part inside and out E-n-V
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the 5s look like that on a 65. It's apart of the design. I think it's like the 72s doubled master die or something. Look for another 65 and you will see what I am saying assuming you are talking about where the vertical meats up with the horizontal before it round out. The outside corner closest to the 6.
Edited by Coppergold
07/11/2018 7:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...5PDDO001.htm

As for the eye, I'm not sure. The closest thing I could find was this. But doesn't look like it's in the right spot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coppergold Thanks very much..I di follow your likn and check. The Eye IDK either..Maybe nothing there
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bates first I want to say nice pics on these. The last few you did weren't so good. I think your eye is a DD. It might not be listed cause it could possibly be a new one. Someone just posted a find they just made on a 1944 wheat that was a new minor eye DD and think, that penny had over 20 years more in circulation than this one and this one is a lot bigger and looks more like a.doubled eye than that one did. Also, the date looks like that there because the die or more likely the master was either used for a previous year or the date wasnt positioned right, or whatever reason. They grind the die down just enough to get rid of the old devices and then put the new ones on. Notice how the five is only affected? Those little lines in the bottom of the five are actually caused from a little bit of the old number not being completely removed. I think they thought they didn't have to risk grinder to far if they were going to strike a new device in that exact space. My guess is this die was used in 63' and/or 64' and probably a master. When they removed the old date, 1 9 and 6 all went in the same exact spot but they had to change the last number and so that's why it still has remnants of the previous number. I'm not 100% sure I'm right about all this because I literally came to this conclusion studying a penny last night for about 2 hours, a 1958, and at certain angles you can see where they tweaked the placement of the date and mintmark. I was told this coin had a die gouge but now I am 100% confident it is an RPM and an unlisted one. I'm gonna post pics in a minute and I'm gonna send it to Wexler. Sorry for being so ling winded but I would def get the eye checked out. Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1071 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waynoah83 your are so amazing for the information you just post in here. I am very admire your passion for these coin. Nothing else to say.. I learn from you a lot my friend
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05