Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 DDO- 003 Lincoln Sheild Cent?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,118Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  7:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in a roll a few minutes ago, looks like the 1DO-003 to me. Has reverse die marking of the mid die state example shown on coppercoins. Not 100% sure though, Not as dramatic as the 2014-003 or the 2015-006 but an interesting class 9 doubled die.
What do you guys think?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38592 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the odds,I found one not ten minutes ago in EDS.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! I've been looking for that one actually.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50255 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do see Machine Doubling on the date on the SW edges of that area.

No match.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop do you have any idea what this one could be if its not the 003? Liberty has the thickness that is way above normal. I'm stumped. It seemed to match with the reverse die marking on coppercoins. Thanks for checking it out for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2018  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, I will trade ya. Does your example have the die marker to the lower right of G in GOD? I searched doubledie.com and looking at their DDO-004 example I keep thinking I have it. My pics make it difficult to distinguish but the markers seem to be there.
Could be wrong but even with the Machine Doubling on date Liberty just stands out. Will put this one on the backburner.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38592 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2018  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No marker by G.Just checked Wexler site. Mine looks more like wddo-006. Of the ones with the left arm of the Y in LIBERTY being thicker than the right,mine looks like wddo-006.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2018  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that 2012 WDDO-004 and WDDO-006 are the same coin but different die states. I have both and other die markers are the same. I just have not notified Mr. Wexler yet. I have found many with die markers for the WDDO-006 but only two or three with the dot by the G in GOD. If I remember correctly both of these coins have extensive light die scratches running generally east to west through Lincoln's neck on the obverse. I do not have the coins with me currently for additional photos. Still Lookin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3271 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2018  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a DDO.

WDDO-004 and WDDO-006 may be the same DDO like Still Lookin said. I'm pretty sure your coin has the same doubling, there is a die state without the gouge next to the G.

You're right with the 1DO-003 attribution.
Pillar of the Community
United States
928 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2018  02:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, with the poor pics I have loaded I can see how coop would call no match. Its hard even for me to pick up on the doubling with these photos. In hand the doubling in Liberty is right there bang. Pretty neat variety and they keep getting stronger every year.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,118Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05