Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Im New Help Please! I Purchased A Lot Of Coins And Am Unsure The Value

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18715 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sounds more like a flea market. Lots of fake coins being sold at those places. Even if they don't stick to a magnet, only means not made of Steel or iron. Although other metals are magnetic too. More than likely made of something like Aluminum or some other soft metal. However, it has been known that in China some counterfeiters do use real Silver to make their fakes and try to sell as expensive coins. Regardless they are yours now. Lesson learned. Look for a book called the Red Book by Whitman Publishing. Almost something about all coins in there.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
4722 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He may call himself "panther in the biker world" but he's called a "crook" here in the real world!

Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to go with no way they are silver
Pillar of the Community
United States
3404 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just junk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2005 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a display case full of these in a Virginia City souvenir shop three years ago. They were very coy about their authenticity. I'd guess they had them marked up 50 times what they paid the oriental prince of thieves.

"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
08/04/2018 4:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None are silver. All are counterfeits that have about no value.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7282 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am hoping they are at least all silver
Those are typical made in China replicas that you can buy online for about $2.00 each.
At the very best they may be silver plated (but I doubt it) and would have a zinc or brass core.
Sorry about you being taken but a lesson learned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4722 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2018  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Notice how they all have that grayish dark toning around the edges and the devices? That is a huge clue that these "coins" have Chinese origins.

The counterfeiters use this faked toning to make you think the coins are just toned from the aging process.

If you cannot get a refund just chalk it up as "tuition" in getting your "degree" in numismatics. You'll be much more cautious next go around.

Sorry you got taken.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2018  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NLL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All coins appear to be fantasy coins and are likely made out of base metal.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05