Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada Error Note Evaluation  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  3:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking for an opinion on this note and possible value.

Inverted yes, but is it also a ghost note as well....

Graded UNC66 PPQ.

Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4329 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That exact note is in the Charlton Catalogue.
Cat. no. E27-v Inverted intaglio printing
Book value -- $3000.00

First one I've seen outside of the catalogue.
Is it yours or are looking to buy it?
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looking to buy, I saw it in the cataloge as well but was questioning it as it being a ghost not as well, since the missing face wasn't ghostly lol (meaning it wasn't blurry around the edges of the missing face space.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4329 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now I understand what you are referring to.
It looks to me like the black ink wasn't printed
so that is why there is no ghost.
If this makes more or less valuable I don't know
but it is an additional error. (Incomplete Printing)
Valued Member
Canada
155 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely note that will likely go north of $3000 since it is such a high grade & a dramatic error seldom seen. It looks exactly like the example in Charlton so that and being auctioned online as well as live at the RCNA means serious bidders will be there - so could end up with a very high final bid after a bidding war.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4329 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks exactly like the example in Charlton

Except the photo in Charlton shows the black printing hence the ghost.
This note is missing the black printing.
Would that not make it even more valuable?
Not an expert on error notes nor do I have your expertise on them
so just trying to find out.
Valued Member
Canada
155 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly think its just the scan (compared to a better quality, backlit photo in the catalogue). Scans are quite inadequate for showing the finer intricacies of a note (IMO: best to view this error in person). I'm sure this note is the same piece and I feel the ghost like quality will give it even more eye-appeal.
Edited by walk2dwater
08/08/2018 5:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a wicked error note, should be 39 or 44 others out there unless it was printer's waste that escaped, should go north of 3 Grand
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hammer price was $5k. Not bad.
Valued Member
Canada
458 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually with premium, it sold for $5,900.00 plus tax.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3990 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2018  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A truly great price for a great error note
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05