Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Breast Cancer Awareness 2018 Coin And Stamp Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  07:13 am Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pictures & all other detail are finally up:
https://catalog.usmint.gov/breast-c...et-18CL.html

"The 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin and Stamp Set includes one Breast Cancer Awareness Proof Half Dollar and one U.S. Postal Service Breast Cancer Research stamp."

Product Limit: 25,000
Household Order Limit: 1

At the price ($39.95) and product limit, it could well be a sleeper...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe, but there's nothing special about the coin or the stamp so is the packaging that collectable? The Mint REALLY should have made this a P or W proof (the authorization didn't restrict where the coins were struck). It would have guaranteed a sellout at an even higher mintage.
Edited by BadDog
08/31/2018 07:51 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They make the Dollar proof and Unc at Philly. I haven't seen a half being mentioned other than this set... If they don't make a half, this set could be valuable in the future with only 25,000 being made... Did I miss something?
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Edited by mtuma3
08/31/2018 11:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4049 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They make the Dollar proof and Unc at Philly. I haven't seen a half being mentioned other than this set... If they don't make a half, this set could be valuable in the future with only 25,000 being made... Did I miss something?

Unfortunately, Yes.

A clad half dollar has been available in the BCA coin program from the start.

The UNC version is being struck in Denver; it has an issue price of $30.95. The PROOF version is struck in San Francisco; it has an issue price of $32.95.

Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I have to correct myself. The proof CLAD half dollar has been available as a stand-alone product since Mar15 and has sold a meager 16,485 units thus far (as of Aug26). Hence, this will most likely be a dud rather than a sleeper.
But it looks like a nice set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10016 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2018  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The packaging does look nice but $40 is a real stretch IMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1096 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "normal" proof half sells for $32.95 (IMHO overpriced for a clad half dollar). So, adding a stamp and changing the packaging costs $7. That's the stretch
Edited by BadDog
09/01/2018 07:55 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12399 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2018  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The "normal" proof half sells for $32.95 (IMHO overpriced for a clad half dollar). So, adding a stamp and changing the packaging costs $7. That's the stretch

Exactly. Given the previous half sales, I don't have high hopes for this set unless some TV folks decide to try and push it
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2018  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add secondnomore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the $1 proof AT the Philadelphia Mint this summer. It's an attractive coin to me, I wanted an actual "P" mint product as a souvenir (plus proofs w/a "P" mintmark are a new novelty) and it's a piece I would probably not have ordered direct as a standalone on its own merits. I like this coin, I'm picky about modern commems and don't go for many.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05