Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whitman Vs Dansco Albums

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Simple solution. Apply for a job there. That way you'ld get into the place, look around, talk to personal people and possibly get a job where you could get merchandise at a discount.

Better yet! !
Proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

Valued Member
United States
303 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it when a plan comes together.
Maybe it could be a contest on CCF. Prize goes to the first person that gets inside and posts a picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like it when a plan comes together.

Maybe it could be a contest on CCF. Prize goes to the first person that gets inside and posts a picture.

That would be brilliant if it actually happened. I'd be shocked if someone showed up here with picture and all the question answered.

If any of you guys should see another thread on this subject or start one, post the link here.

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any takers?
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2018  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I'm out - 2350 miles away!
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nics-r-good to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I notice there is no mention of Littleton albums. Just wondering why?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2019  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had Whitman albums since the 1960s and was always been happy with them. I bought some more a couple years ago. They have been updated a little, but are little changed.
I later bought a complete (P,D,S,S) set of Statehood Quarters in Dansco albums.
I honestly can't tell any meaningful difference between the two brands. I think both are excellent products.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Road trip!

They should have been there by now. I bet they made a wrong turn in Mud Butte, SD.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18449 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2019  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I honestly can't tell any meaningful difference between the two brands. I think both are excellent products.

I suspect most dislikes of Whitman products are due to so much of their products are made in China.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
858 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thisistheshow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After what just happened to my Washington quarters Whitman Classic, I've decided to be on the lookout for a used Dansco 7140.....
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the Littleton Album series. The pages are lighter than Dansco and theyre cheaper and I just enjoy seeing my coins in there. If I dont have enough of a series to warrant an album, I buy a Littleton folder. Great quality and the interchangeable pages are a huge plus when I need to add more pages (i.e. Lincoln Cents album)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After what just happened to my Washington quarters Whitman Classic, I've decided to be on the lookout for a used Dansco 7140.....

Your quarters will look better in the Dansco or Littleton.

Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
After what just happened to my Washington quarters Whitman Classic...
That is like my worst nightmare!

Quote:
I've decided to be on the lookout for a used Dansco 7140.
You will not regret it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
753 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2019  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You will not regret it.

Agreed. I had an off-brand cent album a while back. I thought at the time "how big of a difference could there be if its $10 cheaper." Was carrying it one day and the entire inside of the book tore out from the cover... Never had that happen to a Dansco.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05