Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kind Of Got Carried Away At An Auction

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2018  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the goal is not possible, due to that pesky 1935 $500 French problem but I am always open to proofs and such. I also don't have unlimited funds, especially after my last purchase, so I am reducing my goal somewhat to every Bank of Canada issue and the main DOC notes. I can afford many of those in UNC condition, except for a few that might take a few years, but I think it would be possible. I just need a 1937 $50 and I have all the notes from 1937 to present time, except for the thousand dollar bills. They don't seem very hard to find so I am in no rush to get those. It's the 1935 series that is proving expensive.
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2018  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you put a modified 1954 note next to a Devil's Face I feel the DF (original engraving of the Karsh photo) a much more appealing design (typically the front tints seem deeper too).

I like the devil-face notes as well, so I added them to the collection. I also like the early 20th century notes so am always looking for nice versions at auction. The 1935 and 1937 design are also favourites.
Edited by TomSwift
09/09/2018 6:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
723 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2018  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1935 and 1937 design are also favourites.

Yes- and (rightfully) so: they have a lot of fans. Especially with the allegorical reverse sides. Plus, the 1935's have the oddest colour schemes (with a confusing blue $2 & orange $5), the ever popular "Shirley Temple" $20 & unique commemorative $25. Only 2 years long, its no wonder the 35's are so darn popular.

But now that we're on the topic, why buy a processed note which will only creep up, ever so slightly, in BV compared to an EPQ, PPQ or Original note which will just zoom up in value (& be forever easy to sell)?
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add habsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TomSwift I'm a Dominion of canada banknote collector and when you say you wanna find all Dominion in UNC that will never happen.Some of the dominion notes are so rare,just finding some notes is hard,but finding a uncirculated they just dont exist.
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I realize that. I will try to get the ones that are available in UNC but for most, I will settle for just a nice example. I'm also going to ignore the big bills, since they never circulated anyway. I only have two notes from the DOC so I have a ways to go.

Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add habsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see you like UNC64 nice. My goal is to get one example of all the dominion notes graded VF and higher.Right now I am missing 4 notes so I'm not that far from reaching my goal.
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add habsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I forgot to mention the rarer the note thats the ones I want
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I have a thing for 64. Have a few 63 and even though they look the exact same to me, I still don't like them. :)

All but 4? Pretty good. Are you also ignoring the big currencies or are you getting the proofs?
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add habsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tom check out I have 5-6 notes in this forum page,just look at habsguy posts.High currency I dont touch
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2018  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found the pictures. Nice bills.

My goal is to get every Canadian coin in VF or lower. I feel this is almost do-able, with a few coins here and there that are going to cost. I try to go for 64 with currency though.
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2018  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am one of those who is collecting all different banknotes with all different signatures. Yes, it can get expensive, especially when you start upgrading to VF to BU bills! (but it's coming along quite well)
Pillar of the Community
United States
4112 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2018  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like the post showing both your notes. nice start
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, didn't go too far overboard at the auction; just sort of eased in and was able to acquire this one
=========================

Pillar of the Community
United States
4112 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2018  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice tech
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Valued Member
China
168 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was outbid on every item at my last auction. The market seems strong.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05