Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1879 (Morgan Dollar), 1952 (Washington Quarter), 1944 (Mercury Dime) Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  01:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kyd10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

My friend showed me these. Thought I share. I never seen these before.1879 Dollar, 1952 Silver Quarter, 1944 Dime Anyone know how rare are these and a way to find the value?

Valued Member
United States
361 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a really good day the 1879 MSD might bring you $15-$20, the 1952 Quarter $2-$3 and the 1944 Dime About $2.

to CCF
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kyd10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Thanks jst1dreamr I'm still learning about currencies and how to use this site
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16925 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Really shouldn't get hand of fingerprints on coins. They tend to stay there forever.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , and another tip , DO NOT clean your coins . You will ruin their value .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28246 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With circulated common date coins like these it's okay to handle them casually like you have here. Just be sure on a high grade (or more valuable) coin to hold it by the edges.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I always enjoy the feel and sound of the old silver. As long as it's just scrap value I can't help but give them a good couple of flips.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05