Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Canadian Coin Grading Guide

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2018  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about 20 posts? lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2840 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2018  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For every post that you have made in this thread, your # of posts remains at 20 ... hmmmmmm/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2018  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have noticed in the large cents anyway that you seem to post rare varieties as your samples eg, 1882 DDO 1884 obv1.... I might be able to add a few if you wish?
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
582 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2018  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add viper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim MacKenzie,

Very nice work you did!

Excellent!!

MG
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2018  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i checked out your site a bit more and realized you want graded coins unfortunatly mine are not,
awesome site the vicky 50c section is amazing
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  12:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow . Awesome stuff. Great work Mr. Mackenzie
Pillar of the Community
Canada
969 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jim MacKenzie! I will be using this great resource often.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1665 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim! Absolutely fantastic work. Well done, very nice, user friendly. I also like how you have shown the difference between the different grades of VF, EF etc. Also liked how you added comments regarding high grade coins and reminding people that even the professional graders are also human. Well done.
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2019  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Colhand1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, I will start to use this more often in as a guide to substantiating my grading ability
Pillar of the Community
Canada
772 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent work and very well presented.
I see when looking over the Victoria 1 cent coins that there are many that are known varieties.
Has anyone suggested the idea of noting the variety in the column to the right just below the grade description?
There is one set of pictures (Victoria 1-cent VG8), I'm not sure if you realize but this obverse and reverse were never mated with each other.
I know you are showing grades and that is your goal here however it could lead readers with less knowledge to search for an 1891 with a obverse#1.

Again, congratulations on doing some excellent work.

Cheers, Bill
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To Hounddog Bill:
The images for the VG8 1891 1 cent are for an ICCS graded and slabbed coin. It is possible you have incorrectly identified the obverse?
I'll double check tomorrow with the examples I published in another article I did up showing the various obverses (http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...obverse.html)

Like you said my goal was to show grades only. I didn't want to confuse the issue by piling a bunch of other information in there.

I have lots of other varieties detailed in other articles here:
http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...rse_var.html

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. Makes me glad I spent the 8 months putting it all together... lol
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim MacKenzie you are amazing and this community loves you!

What you have done is outstanding!

The guide you have created is awesome!! Any idea about Newfoundland coins? Do you think that may interest you in any way? Its very hard to have or find a mobile guide for nfld coins.

Cheers!
Valued Member
Canada
360 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What an interesting development with the VG-8. There is no doubt about it Bill's keen eye identified the Obv. 1 which should not exist with 1891. Would love to see where this goes.
Valued Member
Canada
131 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Copperdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim , very well done ! Must have been a ton of work . Thank-you very much ... it will definitely be very useful to all .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
772 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quote:
" The images for the VG8 1891 1 cent are for an ICCS graded and slabbed coin. It is possible you have incorrectly identified the obverse? "

Hi Jim, I have complete confidence that this is an Obverse #1 and suggest that the pictures may have some how got mixed up improperly.
The alternative is that this is a new discovery and would certainly be of great interest to Victorian cent researchers myself included.
I have strong reservations as to this obverse ever being used in 1891.
Do you have any further access to this coin so that it could be explored further?

Cheers, Bill

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05