Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Canadian Coin Grading Guide

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
2546 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2019  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the wrong side was copied for the photos. The Obverse is DEFINITELY an 1876 Obv 1. It has the single serif N's in Canada and Regina, as well as the broken left foot serif on the T in Victoria. It wasn't used in 1891. Most of the old 1876 dies were repunched to make them full footed for '82 and Obv 1a came out in '81.
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for pointing it out!

I'll search for a replacement coin...

As always with me...
ALL CORRECTIONS ARE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED !
I bow to the expertise of all of the Master Yodas in here... lol
Edited by Jim MacKenzie
01/24/2019 07:55 am
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim MacKenzie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I look for replacement photos I have added a note to that grade. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding in the interim...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1295 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2019  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if the 1891 received a corrosion designation for the green goop on the reverse?
Valued Member
Canada
472 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2019  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Strach-Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim thank you for deciding to put this together. I know at one point you wondered if you should. This is a great tool for collectors to use.
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr_Waddles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing! Great job!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
717 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TaeKenDo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, thanks for the hard work and contribution.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
827 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, you created one of the most valuable resources online for Canadian coins. Thank you!
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bigmarty58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. MacKenzie - Thank you for providing this very valuable grading resource.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05