Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What are yall paying for junk silver now?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  03:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Americanamafia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all I have not bought junk in a few years now since I sold most most of my bullion stack awile ago. Figured I would pick up some since silver has fallen do much.

I bought $10 face of barbers and slq for 11.3x face at my lcs how does that sit with the current market?

yes I know if you look around you can find small quantities at spot and have done it before. It honestly took too much time to save a few cents per oz so I might of paid for convenience.

what do yall think keeping in mind these were not Washingtons .

They also has dollars at $14.50 each good or bad?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3507 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on condition. With Barbers and SLQ's you're getting into numismatic value also, unless they are slicks.
You're may find good deals at the shows...
I paid 11.5 x for my last batch of 90% Kennedys about a month or so ago. They are always very crisp.
At $14.50 I'd be scooping up a few of those big dollars, as long as they are decent circulated or better condition.

If's nice to buy on the dip, although with stackers, price isn't always a big concern as many of us probably won't be selling during our lifetime anyways.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...reluctantly

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  10:19 am  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
13x face is my maximum
Have you gotten your half dollar fix today?

$40 CRH - 2x 35% 5c, 1x 40% 50c
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gotboostedvr6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im currently paying 10.5x for .50 and under and 13x for morgans
Pillar of the Community
United States
3507 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$13 for Morgans? Yeow! The big houses want $17 for culls! Where?

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gotboostedvr6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I provide free oil changes to the we buy gold shops in my area.
I also buy all their silver.
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gotboostedvr6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do the same thing for the head tellers at my local banks. They also get Pizza each time they call me with coins to exchange.
Edited by gotboostedvr6
09/29/2018 2:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3507 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I married my tellers!

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverbug9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My local shop is around 12x face depending on the coin type...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1879 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I get worn/slightly damaged 90% at my LCS. Also includes foreign stuff (G-Unc range, they don't care too much about foreign stuff, other than the occasional rarity). I stop by every week so luckily they like me
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fistfulladirt--you in Utah?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3507 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Gothic - no, Great Lakes State!

Get 90% silver online for less than 11 X face, delivered free, Provident Metals.

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3507 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2018  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
90% silver 10.66 X face at the aforementioned site.

Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05