Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A trio of large size notes (scarcer varieties)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2091 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  12:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A star (type A). Middle note Type B, and bottom note Type C.

Edited by jimbucks
10/02/2018 8:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1458 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice trio.

I wouldn't necessarily call them types though....A,B, and C are references to the Federal Reserve Districts, Boston, New York and Philadelphia.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2091 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, Type B refers to the middle note with 3 small district numbers, and 1 large. The Type C refers to the bottom note, with the district seal and blue seal closer towards the middle. Type A is similar to the top note but without the star.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1458 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I misunderstood your description Jim, but I stand by my initial statement, Nice trio !

Edited by SteveInTampa
10/02/2018 06:24 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2441 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice group of notes. Love that star!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28931 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Friedberg refers to these as three different "issues" and does not use the word "type" to distinguish the variations. Nice examples here, especially that star!
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tylosaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Provides a good side by side comparison of the different types/varieties. Thanks man.
Learn More...
United States
61543 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28931 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also add that many currency dealers use the term "type" to describe these issues even if that is not technically correct.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4345 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I seemed to recall there being a written summary by an SPMC on this and with a little searching located the information. https://www.spmc.org/collector/seri...-plate-types

There were pictures on the above web page however they no longer show for some reason..

-MV
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28931 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't log in since I'm not a member, but it's clear they use the word "Type" as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice notes.

KK
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05