Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What grade will you give to this 1892 CC Morgan Silver Dollar?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add accprof1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Also, it is worth getting it graded by PCGS? Purchased a lot of morgans from an auction and am deciding which ones are worth getting graded. Thank you for your advice.

Adding some additional pics.

Edited by accprof1
10/10/2018 10:44 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13662 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 and for sure worth getting it certified.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8568 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50 for me, possibly higher with better images. Getting it graded by PCGS would depend on what you paid for it. No sense in going under water if you've already got fair market value wrapped up in it. I'm not sure what your reason is for getting it graded by PCGS but if preservation and authentication is your prime motive I would suggest ANACS or ICG as a possible cost effective alternative.
Member SSDC
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28894 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53, definitely slab-worthy.

to the CCF!
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add accprof1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I eventually want to sell some of these on eBay. Don't feel comfortable selling high value ungraded coins because of eBay's liberal return policy and some crook sending back a different coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6234 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50. Certainly slab-worthy. Even if you decide against PCGS or NGC, ANACS and ICG are viable options as well.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmwilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might consider selling them at http://www.GreatCollections.com

They will take professional images for you... and I think you will avoid many of the issues that people have with eBay.

Pillar of the Community
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
on the grading advice. and with jmwilson on great collections, you'll have a good experience.
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5687 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with au53. The round spot to the left of the nose is in a focal point and really distracting. Looks like it may or may not details the coin, but reduces its eye appeal significantly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8568 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My suggestion beyond Great Collections, which btw is an excellent suggestion, is to find a local dealer that submits to PCGS. You will get a better overall cost and it would not hurt to get an in hand opinion on whether they think this or any other will straight grade or not. Then weigh the facts and decide.
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
United States
6452 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53. professional cleaning & preservation would be beneficial
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28894 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be scared to #@&$! to let NCS even touch this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
638 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2018  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did NCS do to you CoinFrog?
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5687 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What did NCS do to you CoinFrog?

http://goccf.com/t/294788.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05