Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New here, and looking to help others

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  08:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CreekStore to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am new here and I have a lot of knowledge to share. I look forward to get to know you all.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8889 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , wow that's a first . Usually it's the community that offers help to the new members .
How long have you been collecting ? Can you show us some of your best coins ?
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
3836 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are your collecting interests and expertise? Post pics of your rarest coin.
Learn More...
United States
61257 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5060 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the second time
Learn More...
United States
11489 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check rggoodie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rggoodie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy to have you with us.
Please read the rules.
See email sent you
Thanks
rggoodie
forum moderator
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CreekStore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, yes for the second time. I made the mistake of adding a URL that I shouldn't have.

A little history...
I officially started collecting coins back in 2000. I saw some 3rd part selling some Franklin halves on TV and I bought on. I learned that was a mistake... Then I started buying straight from the US Mint. I fell in love with the 2001 Buffalo Commemorative Dollars. Tried to get as many as I could, graded and ungraded. Then for a while I was hooked on modern commemorative coins. I was fascinated with the intricate designs. I did not settle into a niche yet. Attended some shows and realized that I did not know much, and my collection was very small. I became very intimidated by the people at the shows and coin shops. BUT, I did not get discouraged! I continued to buy what I liked and my collection grew. I went to an auction a few years back and bought a few lots containing gold, silver, and a ton of US currency. It was at this moment I realized that I want to collect US $500, and $1000 notes. Recently I met a rare coin dealer down here and we talked for a while. He made me realize that I should invest in gold, silver, platinum, and palladium coins for their metal value, and only pay a premium when there is a coin I really want. And also not to be too focused on graded items, sometimes they are overpriced. With that, I kind of focus more on bullion coins, and older US currency. I have a nice collection to pass on to my kid some day.

Here are some of my items.
$1 Silver Certificate
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...Y2s5RU9Ici1n

$2 Silver Certificates and FRN's
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...TG03TGVwMGR3

$5 old and new
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...elhIcjZGV2RB

Coins (slabbed and non-slabbed)
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...dHZfM2hheHBn

Edited by CreekStore
10/11/2018 5:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8889 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite a collection of circulated and uncirculated coins and currency .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
3836 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only suggestion is to focus on quality more so than quantity. Having a boat load of duplicates of common circulated notes makes no sense when you could be focusing that money into what you were writing about.... 500$ and 1000$ notes.

That's my two cents based on my experience of collecting a little bit of everything for almost 60 years. As always, others may have a different opinion. Good luck!

Pillar of the Community
United States
5011 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CreekStore to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My latest favorite coin is the palladium coin released by the mint last year.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2317 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to ccf
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA number: 3178122
NTCA number:10118
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Pillar of the Community
United States
6083 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05