Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$1 1973 Canadian Bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  12:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bartweber to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i have been researching these bills and note that the colors are different than the ones I am seeing online. Could this be a printing error? Thank you for your help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2377 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altaira to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you clarify what colour difference you're seeing? It could simply be discolouration from circulation, especially on the top one where it's quite worn. Keep in mind that scanners don't always make accurate colours.
Toronto Coin Club www.torontocoinclub.ca
Office of the Secretary
Meetings 3rd Mondays at 7 PM
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bartweber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it seems to me that the colors are not distinct. should bills fade like that? especially the yellows? thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4953 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's possible they were exposed to the sun or light
for a length of time.
Yellow is always the first colour to fade.
Can be pretty sure it's not a printing error
unless the colour was missing completely.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28874 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks normal to me for a note of that age.
Valued Member
Canada
311 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks normal to me. I do believe that the notes getting dirty affects the colour and also just the handling can abrade the ink.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1297 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They've been well circulated and handled. Colors may have reacted to the environment.

KK
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2018  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bartweber to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you to all for your comments.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5145 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ bartweber

(Registered 06/05/2012)

back to the Forum !
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05