Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Harpers Ferry new error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EmptyK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I all way browse sites first looking for a match, not seeing anything, but like a square notch in the barrel. Got the big camera out to take the best photo I could get.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12967 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you're talking about the tilted part of the building, next to the bottom of the barrel, then that's part of the design. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with this quarter.
Errers and Varietys.

More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950

Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Valued Member
United States
324 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the left of the barrel I see a downspout turning away from the building at the bottom?
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EmptyK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see this spot in any other image
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EmptyK,

You do have a ligit question here, is that raised or incuse? below is a pic from normal reverse.

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EmptyK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is in, not raised.
Valued Member
United States
413 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice find, I looked at mine and it is normal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3368 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is in, not raised.

I'd like to hear from others, I'm not sure if it is a damage or else.because if it is incuse as you stated, it means it was stamped.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EmptyK to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know what it means, but there is no damage, it has probably been in my change jar for 2 years LOL. Incuse does mean to stamp, but the whole coin is stamped, also I can take more images, to left of the barrel and the second pane down on the window there is another spot that looked strange, you can't see it well with this shot, was using a 60mm macro lens, could try to back out a bit more to get both and lighting is a big factor on a shinny surface, try to defuse it more.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05