Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austria Gold Proof Commemorative Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  09:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jbookite503 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 5 of these gold rounds. I have researched high and low and cannot find anything at all. #9734;#9734;According to the 2x2 holder these rounds are in, they are from Austria & They are Commemorative Proofs. #9734;#9734;There is no face value on any of the rounds, so that's why I call them medals. I also call them commemorative, because they all feature the German word 'WAIDMANNSHEIL'. I googled this word and it translates to 'good hunting". I looked into that word further, and I found the following: waidmannsheil- a hunting term originating in Germany to congratulate a hunter on his success in the field. #9734;#9734;Each round features a female (with nice breasts!!), holding a bow for hunting in one hand, while The other hand is holding onto a doe's neck, both graciously prancing together. (I assume this female plans on hunting this deer with her bow and arrow, and will make delicious jerky with the organic meat). #9734;#9734;Each round weighs 10.4grams #9734;#9734;Each round is composed of 900 gold. There is an 'A' that is circled, then states 900 after the circled 'A'. #9734;#9734;Underneath 'A' 900, there is a name of H. DILLER #9734;#9734;On the other side (not certain what is reverse or obverse) appears the initials HD.

PLEASE HELP ME DETERMINE ANY INFORMATION AT ALL REGARDING THESE UNIQUE GOLD ROUNDS. My boss wanted me to list these on eBay, and I told him to wait until I get some information. It's nearly impossible for me to put a value on these. Any info, is good info. Thank you for reading my post. Have a great Thursday everyone. From cold PORTLAND OREGON.

#9825; J.BUCHHEIT #9825;

Learn More...
United States
62470 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Belgium
1106 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add antwerpen2306 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The medals are the work of the German Helmut Diller (1911-1984) , who signed his work also with HD .
The A 900 indicates it is gold ( Aureus) 900/1000 . The obverse is the animal side , the lady the reverse .The value is the goldvalue or maybe a little bit more ,I think, as you can offer 5 pieces.albert

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5706 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05