Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cheapest Reputable Place To Get Coin Supplies?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,030Next Topic  

Australia
17 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  12:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add L1SA_M to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone

I am hopeing that everyone will share their reputable suppliers so it is easier for everyone to find affordable supplies... because things add up fast!

So I'm new to this personaly and I have alot of inherited coins that are stored improperly and want to buy approx 3000 lighthouse staple 2x2's of various sizes. Most shops dont sell them in original packaging for postage reasons so I want to make sure I'm getting a quallity product... but I also want the best price. I dont live near any collectors/coin shops so I'm looking online but there seems to be quite a large price diffrence between diffrent shops before I even factor in postage. One place I'm looking at has 100 unboxed lighthouse 2x2's for $10.60 and the other $15 ...hence this fourm as the cheaper option just seems to good to be true.

Anyway lets share to stay informed: who do you get your supplies from, what products you get from them, why you like them and where they are located.

Happy sharing
Pillar of the Community
Australia
506 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi L1SA_M and welcome to the forum.

After a lot of looking around online I settled on this seller for my 2x2's. https://www.jtsandc.com/category3_1.htm
I found his prices very competitive and postage costs reasonable. I have purchased twice from him now and was happy both times.

Disclaimer: I don't know the seller nor have interests in his business ... just a satisfied customer
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1512 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only get my supplies from https://www.thepurplepenny.com/ but I don't use 2x2s
http://www.newcastlecoins.com.au/ sells 2x2s I think but I have only ever bought coins (not supplies) from them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2480 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use to get mine from Air-Tite in the U.S., but now the exchange rate and postage just kills it.
Lately I have been buying direct from China off Ebay. The 2x2s are a cheaper quality and the cardboard is thinner, but they do the job. Price is about $3.00 for 50 and postage is included.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,500 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Australia
17 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add L1SA_M to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing the great info!

Coaster coincidentally I found jtsandc also they are the aforementioned cheaper option that seemed to good to be true... nice to know they have a happy return customer!

Thanks Mr T I have looked at thepurplepenny and think I will go with them for them if/when I create a coin display album. I looked at their safefips but worried movement might dammage the coins. At the moment due to quantity I'm going to store them in 2x2's in lighthouse aluminium cases. Also thanks info the Newcastle link its always good to shop around .

TriggersMob that does sound alot cheaper although I think I would worry about long term storage thats why I'm after lighthouse brand I belive they are archival... (correct me if I'm wrong). Although yours sound like they are holding up ok =-)

Keep sharing everyone
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1512 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks Mr T I have looked at thepurplepenny and think I will go with them for them if/when I create a coin display album. I looked at their safefips but worried movement might dammage the coins. At the moment due to quantity I'm going to store them in 2x2's in lighthouse aluminium cases. Also thanks info the Newcastle link its always good to shop around

The saflips are fine - they're stiff plastic but are still quite flexible.
I guess it depends on your preference anyway - I used to leave my coins in 2x2s but I guess the ones I had had cheap glue and they didn't stick any more after a while.
Australia
17 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2018  06:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add L1SA_M to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for you input Mr T it provides some great food for thought =-)
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,030Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05