Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018 Armistice Toonies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i broke open a roll of these. what I am seeing is that some of these are 3D. its really nice. I was just wondering was that mentioned any where. that some of these are 3 D. thoughts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4335 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean 3D ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2018  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
john100 when you roll the coin around. the leaves of the poppy move. its very beautifull to see. out of 30 poppy toonie. I found 3 of them with this 3 D effect. that is pretty amazing. when you roll the coin around. the leaves are like they are blowing in the wind. I wonder how could I video this. then shrink the video to fit on the forum. I am sure if you have special wrap rolls. there has to be more of these very unite.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7569 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got two regular shrink-wrapped rolls from my local RBC last week.
Opened one up today to pick out singles.
Imagine my disappointment when I found all 25 were coloured.
The other roll has a coloured coin on the end and would like one intact roll.
Are there regular rolls with a mix of plain and coloured or do I now have to try and find two rolls roll with a plain coin on the end for face value in order to achieve my goal?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4335 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The original mint poly rolls are either all colour or non colour rolls only the special paper ones are mixed.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1294 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  01:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got one poppy in change, colour, all I need, looks great, I think the quarter with the large poppy on it, almost covers the coin, is still my favourite, I think it was the the last poppy quarter?

More about the 3D toonies Rocky! you have great attention to detaill, so I'm really interested in seeing what you're talking about.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alan well I knew they would surface. I am shocked how much they are selling for wow. well I have 3 of them. the only thing. I notice about these 3 coins. when you look at your coin. if you notice a shadow image on the surface of your coin. check it very closely. I have not yet figured out how to photograph this effect. well one thing for sure. they sure are not cheap. I have checked a few for some friends. that was the one thing we noticed together. no shadow image no 3 D. I hate seeing them. tear that special wrap paper off not finding any. have a great one hope yours is 3 D.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was wondering does anybody know. did the mint produce a different poppy toonie for the world sets. I know the world sets are on sale UK. I seem canada poppy toonie in the set. that was being advertise for sale.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1294 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much are they selling for. Can't find any on ebay listed or that have sold. Odd.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes alan one sold locally for 1000.00. that a lot to pay for a coin. when there could thousands of these out there.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1294 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything different with the die?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1588 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2018  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
alan this coin is out of a special wrap roll.the coin is double died. you can see that, there is some weak die components. but all and all very nice coin.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05