Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This A 1913 Buffalo Nickel Type 1 Raised Ground, With A Philadelphia Mint Mark?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  10:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jays Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this while coin roll hunting last week. Was unable to take it to the coin shop to validate it, so I came here. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this coin! Thanks

I also found another one that I believe to be a type one 1913. I will upload photo in a few days. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The way it is worn, it appears to be a type one. Could you please get a closer picture of both the obverse and the reverse.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 39 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jays Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is the only photo I have right now, and I am on vacation. Will provide more photos on Saturday. Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36451 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, much larger pics of both sides needed.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1641 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fun find!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16822 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Larger photos needed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15367 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2018  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is a Type 1, but the mintmark area is completely gone so there is no way to know which mint it came from.
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
71939 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2018  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05