Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1978 Canadian 1 Cent. Do You Think This Is DD Date?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2018  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
using some of MR Zoell Geometry. he left a gift in the last adition. it is a perfect design of the 1965 obverse. he layed out the geometry used to design. the obverse legend for 1965 penny. so I went to the charlton catalogue. to check the year of the penny. I wanted to check this against. it is a penny from 2000. so they are suppost to have the exact same legend on the obverse. I believe I did the full setup perectly. I can tell you somewhere they changed. I will fine it some time later. I will share that information here. I will double check every thing again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2018  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are quite a few years separating Hans Zoell and Jim Haxby and nothing connects them except varieties and die tracking. Hax currently has a great website that does the die tracking for the Vicky large cents. Hax has worked a long time in the numismatics field and he isn't even an old fart like me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2018  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner thank you so much. hans zoell mention a doctor james haxby in his writting. also he talks about a very unite group in the USA. I wonder would j haxby know them. they were at one time the way he explained. part of a very unite coin group. that worked with the canadians. they worked the victoria coins. he had a lot of repect for them. they together had a very unite way of inspecting coins. it was alot of work to do coins that way. but they was very percise with there way when they would check a coin. I wanted to let everybody know. the drawing done by the Royal Canadian Mint was for the small bead. just check it to night.
okiecoiner question is j haxby is this the gentlmen that wrote these books. wow I never knew this wow ok thank you so much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2018  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Dr Haxby lives down south in NC (I think, but maybe VA). Yes, Haxby had his own annual guide and then sold rights, but now he's back with his Whitman Guide .. good guide for Canadian Coins and tokens. Here's his '59 site:

https://www.vickycents.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1507 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2018  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
okiecoiner thank you so much what a site. wow there is a lot of work there. that is wonderful link. if I started down that road. I may later thank you so much.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05