Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970-S Small Date Lincoln Cent Confirmation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,053Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  11:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Someone please put my mind at ease. I'm about 90% sure it's a small date but the blurry pics could be fooling me. They're the seller's pics so it's all I have to go by. To me, the curve in the 9 and the height of the 7 are good. The Liberty is faint as well. Thanks for any input

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2536 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show the liberty close up as well, but it looks good.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those were the only 2 obverse pictures the seller uploaded. I zoomed in and cropped it myself but it's still pretty bad. To me the Y is pretty faint like it should be, from what I can tell.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
21342 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos are required.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured. I took a chance on it so we'll see when I receive it. Thanks guys
Learn More...
United States
90260 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I figured. I took a chance on it so we'll see when I receive it. Thanks guys
Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why better pictures? The tops of the 970 are all in a straight line and the 9 comes to a "pointy" tip that points to the middle of the 7's leg instead of being rounded and pointing to the 7's leg bottom.
"
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So we're good, Mark?
Pillar of the Community
United States
772 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a small date to me from the pictures provided.
Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say looks good. I'd hate to tell you the wrong advice but it sure do look good!
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2018  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. I'll post clearer pics here once it arrives
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6850 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2018  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with small date.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The verdict is in boys. Looks good to me not bad for $20, and it completes my BU Memorials collection

Pillar of the Community
7234 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Learn More...
United States
90260 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16587 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  01:35 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a small date....nice coin!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,053Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05