Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

George 1111 Sovereign 1821 1st Edition

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  3:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Starman 210664 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello

If possible I would like to know how much this Sovereign is worth its been in the family for years. I have wiped the coin with a damp cloth before taking the pictures. I would be very grateful to hear from People with some expertease on this particular coin thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6113 Posts
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Starman 210664 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many Thanks for the links I am looking to sell this Sovereign.
Learn More...
United States
63508 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should never wipe a coin
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14556 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for a coin such as this one, in order to arrive at an approximate value, you need to have an accurate idea of its grade.

There are huge value differences between
Fine (F),
Very Fine (VF),
Extremely Fine (EF,) and
Uncirculated (Unc).

(British grading system) - necessary in this case because you intend to sell in in the U.K.

Grading is affected by wear, damage such as scratches and the degree of luster in higher grades.

With this coin I notice that there are flat areas of wear on the high pounds such as the leaves (obverse), and leg, helmet and chest of the dragon (reverse).
The amount of wear on this George 1111 gold sovereign would equate to a grade of Fine condition.

Tony Claytons Coin Values is my 'go to' site for current British coin values.
He lists this coin in Fine condition at 450 Pounds.
Edited by sel_69l
12/04/2018 4:48 pm
United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Starman 210664 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sel_691 That info is extremely useful Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2215 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2018  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the coin
to having it wiped with a damp cloth.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14855 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking coin.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
205 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here I go again. I hope for your sake it is only the picture quality but we are talking about the epitome of English coin striking. To me the colour is totally wrong so is the depth of the subjects. It looks painted tbh. The obverse has virtually no wear on the hair but the leaves are flat and there isn't much of the hair . The ear also not flattened worries me with the extensive wear to the leaves. I would take it to a local jeweller and get it evaluated. But from the pictures I am not convinced it's the real deal .
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05