Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 S Lincoln Memorial DDO/DDR, DD & Rotated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  04:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning everyone. I stumbled onto something last
night while looking at my 1969 S Lincoln Memorial cent, which I have done quite a bit of lately because I am going to put them out there in the hands of people who will enjoy them and want nice additions to there collections. So while rolling one of my '69 S over my fingers, I noticed when it would roll over, the Reverse seemed rotated but I took into consideration that I was watching it from an angle but I took it and faced it straight towards me and with the adverse side facing me I rolled it back to reveal the reverse side at which time it was rotated Center at about 10 O'clock. And sure enough it was. I believe there is such a coin already out there but I am uncertain so I came to everyone for your thoughts and opinions. Here are four pictures and the clarity isn't so good I am just trying to show the rotation counterclockwise as it appears to me when I flip/roll it back. Thank you.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
24716 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Need better pics,but going by these I see no DDO or DDR and the rotation is too minor for a premium.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1699 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF! I totally agree with John1.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although your image is too blurry but the reverse shows an extensive wear with flattened devices. Rotation is a nice find but minor, can you take another shot of reverse using the same background as you did with the obverse?
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sure can. I will get them to you shortly. Thank you
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My camera dos not focus too well but here are a few more pictures. Thanks.

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doubling along the columns and memorial aas well as the letters..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24716 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What camera are you using? Maybe we can give you some tips.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skippy72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either a real bad one or I am too behind the times and don't know how to use it! I have tried everything. I am just going to take the all to my local dealer instead of throwing these up here lol. But thanks...
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a smidge of Machine Doubling but no true DDO or DDR. Looks like a normal coin to me.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05