Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Asking for grade opinions (1898 IHC)

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  3:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Commander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Stumbled on this Indian Head. Looks pretty good for its age, your thoughts?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eye4Error to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This should be posted under US Grading forum...

But I am sure someone will help you move your post...

Looks like a nice coin you stumbled across! Congrats!

Learn More...
United States
63411 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This should be posted under US Grading forum...
Done.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9347 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How costly was that stumble ? Looks like obverse devices were cleaned or rubbed . EF-40/45 . Details ?
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
5991 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
xf40. might have environmental damage in the obverse due to the difference in color in the fields. it isn't conclusive though. it is a nice late 19th century coin with a great deal of detail left. congrats!
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Commander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was a freebie T-Bop. I doubt it's been cleaned, guy I got it from doesn't give a flip about"pennies". If it isn't silver or gold he thinks it's just a coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7347 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I that coin needs some VerdiCare. Full diamonds, Minimum XF-45 possible AU-50. May be details if it doesn't clean up. Nice free coin!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9347 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It was a freebie T-Bop

Ok ,great
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Commander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. Best news I've had on a post. I'm very new to coins. Sure built a fire under me to talk about and look at all the coins I can get my hands on. I was given 3 of these this being the best to my eye. I'm just going to post the other 2, y'all know way more than I. Btw, thanks to staff for moving, I'll pay attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30210 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any chance of a larger close-up of the obverse? Sorta looks cleaned to me as well.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14811 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 diamonds so at least EF-45 and possibly AU. The photos need to be larger and sharper to tell what is going on with the surface. I see either grime or corrosion in spots which might make this a "details" coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6603 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Commander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New pics as requested for input

Bedrock of the Community
United States
14811 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you crop the photos closer to the coin, might help get it larger.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF 40 I don't think cleaned
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05