Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Spanish Gold? Or Not So Much

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  

United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  7:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Darkhorse1355 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this coin in an old collection I purchased and I am by no means an expert in this area, I'm new so take it easy on me but any help would be much appreciated

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3465 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

There are some experts here on these Spanish colonials who will be able to comment.

They are always gentle!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Darkhorse1355 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good deal! I can't wait! Thanks for chiming in. I don't have the coin with me right now so I can't give measurements but I did karat rest it and it is gold. I didn't rub hard though because I didn't want to damage the coin. I'm heck on wheels with franklins and wheaties but this is out of my league!
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3465 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin resembles this Mexico 1714 2 escudso:
https://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotv...d3dc78c77af8

If authentic, it would have a weight of 6.8 g.

These coins are valuable, and often copied, but I have no expertise in telling a copy from an authentic one, so I hope someone else can help with that.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Darkhorse1355 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response, probably to good to be true. When I get home this week I'm going to weigh it, Thankyou for the link. There is so much info out there it is hard to zone in on exactly what you have if you don't have a good idea. I will have to carry it somewhere they can analyze it with a gun as I don't want to scratch it badly with a touchstone year. Not getting my hopes up though. Thanks for chiming in again and I found that link extremely helpful
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05