Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Lincoln Cent. Not An Expert. Thought It Pretty. What You All Think?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  08:49 am Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1982 Lincoln Cent.

I know basically nothing about Lincoln Pennies. I received it in change.

Thought it pretty. The toning is really awesome in hand. That's what made me notice it, and I don't even like toning.

I believe this is a large date? Pics are extremely high resolution and I take horrible photos so that's really not a great combo to show off how pretty it looks in hand. It is a great way to show every single minute flaw, make the surfaces look rough, and make sure the details are blurry ;-)

Please let me know what you think?

Edited by yellow88
12/09/2018 09:14 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
7134 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By using the search forum on the sidebar, there are numerous other posts
on the same subject.
Here is one by scrolling down a bit that has photos from coop
that shows you how to identify the differences.
http://goccf.com/t/276247

The coin itself appears to have plating bubbles giving it the
rough appearance.
Edited by JimmyD
12/09/2018 09:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4303 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a lot of lamination bubbles on the obverse.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11865 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 , your photography is excellent , not horrible .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  09:29 am  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks T-BOP especially for the photo compliment. That put a smile on my face this morning. I needed that.

I certainly appreciate you taking your time and sharing your grading expertise T-BOP.

As I eluded to in my OP about lack of skill the surfaces are perfectly smooth but no matter how hard I tried they look bumpy in pics.

Thankfully I was able to capture the toning fairly well. I was curious if Lincoln Cent collectors (you all) like their cents toned or bright red/brown etc?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4671 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2018  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU55 good pics and I prefer non toned.
Edited by mcshilling
12/09/2018 09:39 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16071 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53

If you like it, keep it!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 with lots of plating bubbles.
Valued Member
United States
320 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU, I prefer not toned.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42269 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large date, keep it if you like, but it will never be worth more than one cent.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18272 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05