Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying An Error!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  5:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I need a little help with this 1932 Canadian Penny. Haven't been able to find anything online that is similar, leading me think it's gotta be rare. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

Learn More...
United States
66647 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Valued Member
United States
380 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srcliff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did someone shoot it?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
577 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely did not happen at the mint; Post Mint Damage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6129 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Not an error, PMD
Looks like someone took a round punch to it.
If you wait, all that happens is you get older.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
4894 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like someone took a round punch to it.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That stinks, I had contacted a very well known auction/appraisal service and was told that it was an error but they didn't value it, I still have their email. I thought that the coin was suppose to be copper? This one is silver in color with a golden hue or tone, the two areas that I notice copper is in the indentation and near the date. I originally thought that as well about the hole punch but it is very clean, I can easily see the "R and part of the "E" in "Rex" , and see the "N" pushed out on the back. Not saying anyone is wrong but would sending it into a grading service give me a definite answer? Guess I got my hopes up when Heritage said it appeared to be authentic. Anyway, all input is appreciated. Thanks guy.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely PMD ... and Heritage told you it was a real error? Don't waste your money on a TPG ... it'll be body-bagged.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
577 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like copper to me (a 1932 penny is 95.5% copper with tin and zinc making up the rest). If there is any silver on the coin, it was likely plated, as it doesn't appear to have been struck on a different (i.e., silver) planchet.

Did Heritage explain how you could possibly have a bulge on the reverse if the planchet was struck (sandwiched) between the hammer die and the anvil die at the same time when minted?

I'd be interested to read their email...
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah.,. That they did but I believe you because that's my luck lol
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Penny weighs 3.17 grams

Pillar of the Community
Canada
577 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it was Cale's first day at Heritage as a 'numismatist'

3.17 g is within RCM tolerances (3.24 g)
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rdog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha maybe..... anyway, how do I delete the thread? If the coin is of no value I now know what I needed to know. I don't wish to drag Heritage or Cale through the dirt.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
577 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not at all; everyone makes mistakes.
It's all a learning process.

You should see the number of posts on here about PCGS, ICCS, etc totally mis-grading coins!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
658 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scissel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Attempted puncture" is not anything like any know/described error type.

"Canadian errors are notoriously legion" sounds derogatory and is wholly untrue. A minuscule quantity compared to USA error coins.

Just sayin...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05